District 5 New Hanover County District Court
316 Princess Street, Wilmington, NC 28401
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 2023, Wlimington, NC, 28402
New Hanover County
Civil, General Civil - Unlimited, General Civil - Limited, Small Claims, Complex Commercial, Foreclosures and Liens, Real Estate Title and Boundary, Criminal, Mental HealthDivision:
Phone Number: 910-341-1111
Judge or Clerk: Rebecca W. Blackmore, John J. Carroll, III, Julius H. Corpening, II (Chief Judge), Sandra R. Criner, Melinda H. Crouch, Richard R. Davis, James H. Faison, III, Jeffrey E. Noecker
Additional: Benjamin R. David, W. Holt Trotman, James Blanton, Doug Carriker, Janet Coleman, Jonathan David, Christa Hardie, Connie Jordan, Dru Lewis, Lance Oehrlein, Tom Old, Lillian Salcines Bright, Timothy Severo, Barrett Temple, Charity Wilson
- *Not location specific. Call, or visit the court's website if listed above.
- How was I chosen? - Jurors are picked at random from lists of registered voters, people with driver's licenses, or those with state issued ID cards.
- What are the exemptions? Depending on local laws and specific court policies, exemptions MAY include persons over age 70, and those having recently served on a jury (usually within 1-3 years depending on county policy). In the state of North Carolina, there are no automatic professional or government employee exemptions. If any of these apply to you, contact the court to verify they observe the exemption.
- Go to our Jury Duty FAQ page for more on exceptions, requirements, pay, dress code, and other questions you might have.
- Our FAQ page has general instructions on paying violations, or obtaining court documents or criminal records.
- The Public Access to Court Records (PACER) US website can help you find case and docket information.
- Links to District Court Electronic Case Files:
Visit our Links Page for websites providing Employment Listings, as well as US Government holiday closings.
*Please call to verify. Is any of the above incorrect? Let us know here
District 5 New Hanover County Superior Court
316 Princess Street
0.0 mile away
Pender County Family Court
New Hanover County Judicial Building, Wac Judicial Annex, Suite 328, 316 Princess Street
1.6 miles away